- three movements: mimetic desire / mimetic rivalry, scapegoating and revelation.
- mimetic desire
- human desire, as opposed to animal appetite: we don't know how to desire things directly, but rather indirectly through the desire of others.
- triangular structure between object, model and desire
- if you imitate the sire of someone else, you are an admirer of someone else
- if you desire the same object, you create a
- they are united by the same desire, they get separated when they become scarse
- mediated through abundance or differentiation.
- the scapegoating mechanism, the sacrifice ritual
- without such a mechanims, there would total conflict all the time
- they unite against a victim
- excommunication, ostricization to create the peace to allow the social cohesion to form
- the revelation, the ritual sacrifice * *
- werewolf the game?
- needs vs desires: e.g. you need to eat but you desire sugar